Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Meta' started by daysofsummer, Feb 20, 2016.

1. daysofsummer

daysofsummer 司令官
    Staff Member

Here's the thread where you can introduce yourself to fellow community members!​

Write down anything you think everyone should know about you (avoid lists, that's not too friendly); you preferred pronouns, for instance. You can also mention your favorite anime, and all sorts of favorites related to anime culture (or otherwise!).

Welcome to the community!

Introduction.png

2. daysofsummer

daysofsummer 司令官
    Staff Member

Okay, so, I guess I'm first off (I'm no good with this). My nickname aside, my name's Vincent, I'm French, and I made this website. I also write boring shit on the blog, and I just run things, I'm the admin y'know. I'm a human being who likes anime (Yamada Naoko works are my fav+Evangelion I guess). My favorite character's Hanesaki Ayano. I'm a grad student in Japanese literature researching Murata Sayaka's novels, and I want to become a boring academic so I can write a book about Yamada. That's it, I guess?

I uh,,, hope you enjoy yourself around here! Welcome everyone!

Lau R Griffin likes this.
  3. Lau R Griffin

Hi hello, I'm Lau, a wannabe light novelist that stumbled across daysofsummer on Twitter and decided to get on his train. Nice to meet you all.

4. Fictionarian

Hello there! My name is Rory Jay. Others call me Caleb. My pronouns are he/him or they/them.

I’m autistic, and like to focus on that in my writing and leftist analysis. Anime fandom has a lot of autistics, and it fascinates me. I also talk about transmasc issues.

My favourite anime... I have a few. Gatchaman Crowds, Neon Genesis Evangelion, PUNCHLINE, Durarara!!, Re:Zero, and the Monogatari series are a few off the top of my head. I also love Vocaloid, especially Kagerou Project, and Fate series. Video games and musicals are awesome, too.

I know it’s a cliché, but: I hope we get along!

E675FC98-905F-4EF7-8BF4-1BDB98692F12.gif

5. EnnuiOnMe

Hello, I'm Ennui, or Alex, either one. They/them pronouns. My favorite anime are Evangelion, Utena, Lain -- artsy stuff, a lot of distinct visual design and personal themes.

Fictionarian likes this.
  6. daysofsummer

daysofsummer 司令官
    Staff Member

Fictionarian likes this.
  7. Kiadtheriya

Hello! My name is Claire Kiadtheriya. She/her pronouns. I'm an undergraduate history student and most likely future faildaughter, but I'd love to do something academic for a living. My favorite anime are Texhnolyze, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Konosuba. I also like video games, music, and anime and leftist youtube. Glad to meet you all.

8. Karin

Karin Moderator

I'm Karin & I'm from the US, She/Her pronouns. I'm a yuri fangirl, and I use to mod for another anime community but the neutrality bias of the place of having to 'tolerate' toxic people as long they weren't too toxic was too much for me after awhile and I hadn't really joined a major anime community since then. My favorite animes include Love Live, Madoka Magica, Revue Starlight, Juuni Kokuki, Maid Dragon, & Steins;Gate. I am also especially fond of the Atelier video game series. Glad to have found this place.

9. Lenstria

I'm Rea, and I'm from the US west coast. I'm a college student and I write fantasy & fanfic. You can usually find me talking about the Fate series or SCP-Wiki. She/Her. Nice to meet you all.

10. GooseLegg

Heyo, I'm Goose (or Hazel). She/her. I'm a business student in uni. I'm into toons and tunes. My favourite anime are FLCL, Kyousougiga, Mind Game, and Kare Kano. I like hip-hop, jazz, and anything that sounds "weird and loud and catchy and feminine". I play a piano and a little bass. My goal is to become good enough at music to start hustling for gigs and to get more involved in my local music scene. I'm sort of scatterbrained and I have a habit of being quiet/not saying anything. The holidays are my favourite time of the year so I've been in a real good mood lately. Nice to meet y'all.

11. daysofsummer

daysofsummer 司令官
    Staff Member

12. Dasvi

Heya all! I'm Dasvi, a greek engineering student. he/him. A big fan of extrapolating productive thoughts from the most innocuous daily things, probably due to being part of the autistic spectrum (Asperger's Syndrome). My favorite anime are Akagi, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Nichibros, Love Lab and Gintama. I also enjoy manga, Visual Novels, and games a lot. I don't have a political identity yet, on the process of making one (at least until my first election comes). Glad to see more chill anime discussion site that embraces literary analysis and discussions about morality and politics in its fullest. Hope I can make myself at home here.

13. Argonaut

Hi. I'm Argo, I'm a german university student. He/him pronouns. Some of my favorite anime are FLCL, Lain, Shirobako, K-on. I like when anime have their distinct identity. I'm getting more and more interested in too sakuga and the craft behind anime. Lately I startet reading much more books again.
    Nice to meet you all.

14. Pachi

Hi ヽ(・∀・)ノ

I'm Pachi and I'm from Brazil. She/Her pronouns. Right now I'm trying to finish my undergraduation in Publishing. I like a bit of everything but I usually fight more in the internet about shoujo and BL. My favorite anime are Full Metal Alchemist, Evangelion, Kekkai Sensen, Perfect Blue and Ouran High School Host Club. My favorite anime directors are Sayo Yamamoto and Matsumoto Rie.

I really liked the idea of a leftist community for anime and manga fans, I'm already a mod in Brazilian communities with the same goal and I hope to achieve the same with a international group like this :D

Nice to meet you all ☆ ~(‘▽^人)

15. MisaoFan

I am Misao and I come from the land of baguettes. I've been a big fan of anime and manga since my childhood where I've seen Cardcaptor Sakura. Although I do have autism and is a bit antisocial, I've learnt to live a normal life. I love drawing (I dream of becoming a mangaka) and a
    I would like to reside in Japan every half-year. I'm open to any genre but I have a fondness towards certain types of anime, such as science fiction, fantasy, harem and mahou shoujo. Nice to meet you and I would be glad to talk to all of you.

16. mochiko

Hey! I'm mochiko. (^▽^) Nice to meet you all.
    I'm an American uni student who's passionate about storytelling across all mediums. I also like to cook and bake, go backpacking in the wild, and meet new people. Preferred pronouns he/him. My favorite anime are Kimi no Na wa, Koe no Katachi, Steins;Gate, TTGL, HxH, Princess Mononoke, and Toradora. No preference in genre, although generally I tend to like fantasy and sci-fi more than others.
    Excited to be a part of the community!