Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Discussion

Discussion in 'Ongoing series' started by Karin, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Karin

Karin Moderator

Thread to discuss Fall 2018 anime Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara by P.A. Works. Directing it is Toshiya Shinohara (previously directed Red Data Girl, Nagi no Asukara, & Kuroshitsuji), with Yuuko Kakihara in charge of series composition (previously worked on Chihayafuru S2, Aikatsu! Stars & Aikatsu! Friends).

Summary: In a world in the future where magic is still a part of everyday life, 17-year-old Hitomi Tsukishiro, a descendant of a family of mages, lost the ability to see colors when young and has grown up into a girl devoid of emotion. Concerned for her future, Hitomi's grandmother Kohaku decides to send her back through time to the year 2018, where she discovers a world where vivid colors spring forth. (via Amazon)

Cast:
    • Kaori Ishihara as Hitomi Tsukishiro
    • Sumi Shimamoto as Kohaku Tsukishiro
    • Shoya Chiba as Yuito Aoi
    • Kana Ichinose as Asagi Kazano
    • Nao Touyama as Kurumi Kawai
    Past the first episode, please hide episode-specific and story details under the spoiler tag.

93855l.jpg

2. mochiko

Irozuku is nice. It's nothing spectacular but it is comfy. The fantasy elements are light but add a dash of charm that feels reminiscent of Ghibli movies like Howl's Moving Castle and Kiki's Delivery Service, maybe even Harry Potter in a way. Character designs are great, especially Hitomi and Kohaku. Oh and I almost forgot the really pretty backgrounds and abstract sequences that have like a watercolor sort of style to them? The last few episodes had lots of them if I remember correctly and they were fantastic.

I'm curious as to how the rest of the story will play out. What do you guys think? I can't tell if it's going to escalate into anything or not.