Yagate Kimi ni Naru Discussion

Discussion in 'Ongoing series' started by Karin, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Karin

Karin Moderator

Thread to discuss Fall 2018 anime adaption of Yagate Kimi ni Naru by TROYCA. Directing it is Makoto Katou (previously directed Beautiful Bones & episode directed Servant x Service ep 7 & 12), with veteran Jukki Hanada in charge of series composition (previously worked on series for Chuunibyou, Hibike! Euphonium, Love Live!, & Steins;Gate).

Summary: Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her...she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That's when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she's inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself. Has her shoujo romance finally begun? (via: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Cast:
    • Yuuki Takada as Yuu Koito
    • Minako Kotobuki as Touko Nanami
    • Ai Kayano as Sayaka Saeki
    • Konomi Kohara as Koyomi Kanou
    • Taichi Ichikawa as Seiji Maki
    Past the first episode, please hide episode-specific and story details under the spoiler tag and this is an adaption of the manga, manga discussions should be kept to the manga thread, & any manga spoilers should be clearly marked as such.

92092l.jpg

2. mochiko

Yagate Kimi ni Naru excels in it's nuanced characters. They're detailed, organic, and flawed, and on that foundation the show is constructing a relationship just as deep.
    The story has an air of being casual but you can see beneath the surface the seeds of tension and drama. I'm worried it's going to break my heart.
    (I've never used bbcode before so I hope the spoiler tag works!)

Edit: It worked \(^▽^)/